Reports to: Senior Managing Director – Alternative Investments Division
Wafra Inc, a New York City based leading global investment firm with approximately $24 billion in assets under management, is seeking an Analyst / Associate in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire.
AID manages approximately $11 billion and invests across the capital structure in four core business lines:
- Principal investing in financial services firms
- Global opportunistic and distressed investments
- Alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing
- Liquid alternatives investing
The Analyst / Associate will be a generalist and will play a significant role in underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring and exiting investments that span multiple asset classes, geographies, and industries. The Analyst / Associate will work directly with senior members of the team. This is a career-track opportunity with no MBA required for advancement and strong career trajectory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the merits and risks of investment opportunities.
- Perform market, industry and opportunity-specific underwriting.
- Prepare detailed financial models and analysis to support investment structuring and decision making.
- Author investment memoranda and present opportunities to the investment committee.
- Conduct proactive industry research.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of work experience at top-tier private equity, venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting firms
- Superior academic achievement at a top-tier undergraduate university
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to gain exposure across multiple asset classes and industries within alternative asset management
To apply, please send your resume to AIDrecruiting@wafra.com with the subject, “Analyst/Associate”.Apply for a job