Position: Analyst/Associate-Alternative Investments Division
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) is no exception. AID manages approximately $16 billion and invests across the capital structure in three core business lines: (i) principal investing in financial services firms, (ii) alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing, and (iii) global opportunistic and special situation investments. The Analyst/Associate will be a Generalist and will play a significant role in underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and exiting investments that span multiple asset classes, geographies, and industries. The Analyst/Associate will work directly with senior members of the AID team. This is a career-track opportunity with no MBA required for advancement and a strong career trajectory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the merits and risks of investment opportunities
- Perform market, industry, and opportunity-specific underwriting
- Prepare detailed financial models and analyses to support investment structuring and decision making
- Author investment memoranda and present opportunities to the investment committee
- Conduct proactive industry research
- Monitor existing investments
- 1-4 years’ work experience at a top-tier private equity, venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting firm
- Superior academic achievement at a top-tier undergraduate university
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong desire to gain exposure across multiple asset classes and industries within alternative asset management
- Intellectual curiosity
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $90,000-$110,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Analyst/Associate”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job