Reports to: Director – Alternative Real Estate Asset Management
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking an Analyst/Associate in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire.
The Analyst will primarily focus on Alternative Real Estate Asset Management, with the ability to work across AID’s other business lines, including infrastructure, private credit, and financial services private equity.
The Analyst/Associate will be involved in all aspects of the asset management process and will be responsible for providing analytical review of property level transactions including, but not limited to: new leases, capital projects, financing events, and dispositions. Additional responsibilities will include the review of property level reporting, preparation of investor level reporting, updating argus files, and providing general support to the asset management team for investments primarily in the United States. The position will be based in New York.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of existing alternative real estate assets held in direct or joint venture ownership structures as directed
- Work closely with all team members, investment partners, third party management companies, and other key relationships to ensure the proper management and oversight of the portfolio
- Analyze and review property level information including, financial reports, leasing information, and property level distribution information
- Maintain and update financial models used within the group to analyze property level decisions, produce forecasts, and prepare/review annual budgets utilizing both Argus and Excel
- Work actively with senior management (VP and above) on investor level reporting, including the preparation and review of materials
- Input, maintain, and update critical data for existing assets under management to ensure compliance of internal protocols and various reporting objectives are achieved
- Gather and evaluate economic, demographic, and real estate market data for the purpose of making specific investment recommendations under the guidance of senior management
- Assemble and draft investment memoranda along with any related support material for review by senior management
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and assist on special projects
- Participate in property and market tours
- Travel as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance, MBA or MS with a Real Estate focus preferred
- Approximately 1-3 years relevant work experience, preferably across a broad spectrum of property types
- Experience in acquisitions, finance, leasing, asset management, or development is a plus
- Excellent financial/quantitative skills and fluency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Argus software
- Must possess the ability to prepare detailed analyses and to make well-reasoned, decisive recommendations to senior management
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject: “Analyst/Associate, Alternative Real Estate Asset Management”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job