Position: Analyst/Associate, Real Estate Asset Management
Reports to: Head of Asset Management
Wafra is a global alternative investment manager with over $30 billion of assets under management across a range of alternative assets, including alternative and traditional real estate, strategic partnerships, and real assets. Behind these strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. At Wafra, we look at the long-term, with our clients, our partners, and our employees.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; and the Real Estate team is no exception. Wafra’s Real Estate Division is responsible for leading the firm’s direct investments into traditional commercial real estate product types (primarily multifamily, office, retail, industrial, and hospitality). Current investment mandates range from core to value with planned expansions into the opportunistic and development strategies. The team’s seasoned senior leadership each have well over a decade of experience in investment roles at either Wafra or other leading financial institutions in the United States. Real Estate’s team and culture emphasize innovative and tactical investment strategies alongside a fast-paced approach to pursue superior risk-adjusted returns on behalf of its investors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for all aspects of Asset Management across a variety of property types including office, industrial, retail, multifamily and hotel across the United States and Canada
- Collaborate regularly with asset managers, joint venture partners, property managers, leasing agents, lenders, and other service providers
- Create and utilize financial models for quarterly property valuations which requires engagement with the Acquisitions and Research departments. Coordinate annual third-party appraisals
- Review monthly and quarterly financial packages and performance compared to underwriting, produce quarterly investor reports, annual budgets, and business plans
- Prepare investment committee memoranda for lease approvals, major capital expenditures, financings/refinancings and hold/sell decisions, including detailed financial analyses and other support materials
- Demonstrate primary responsibility over creating and maintaining financial model templates and other reporting tools at both the portfolio and individual property level
- Partner with the Acquisition Department on due diligence matters for new investments
- For properties slated for sale, work with investment sales brokers on developing offering memorandums, compiling due diligence materials, and tracking marketing status
- Maintain weekly Asset Management pipeline and property status reports
- Provide support and assistance to all groups within the real estate department in the creation of bespoke presentations and marketing materials for client meetings and investor pitches
- Collaborate with different teams within Wafra such as ESG, tax, operations, and compliance, as required
- Participate in property inspections and market tours
- Ad hoc special projects in support of the department’s business
- Bachelor’s degree. A graduate degree with a concentration in Real Estate or Finance is preferred
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience is required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Argus
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional writing, communication and organizational skills are essential
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Travel as appropriate which may be required on short notice
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $75,000-$125,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Analyst/Associate, Real Estate Asset Management”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job