Reports to: Director
Date Created: March 2021
Wafra Inc. is a U.S. registered global investment firm in New York, NY, specializing in the management of liquid market investments, alternative investments, private equity, institutional real estate and structured products. The firm is beneficially owned by the Public Institution for Social Security of Kuwait. Wafra manages approximately $25 billion and has more than 150 employees.
Wafra is seeking an entry-level Analyst to work with the public Global Equity and Global Fixed Income teams. Responsibilities will be broad and will entail exposure to a variety of aspects of global financial markets. It is anticipated that the analyst will contribute to the teams on a variety of levels including reviewing global macro-economic, financial and investment data, in addition to generating related reports, updating marketing materials and acting as a liaison with marketing and business development, compliance and operations departments. Over time it is anticipated that the successful analyst will also participate in the investment process with a focus on global macro-economic research.
This role will entail supporting the public securities team directly and requires an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about investment management. The successful candidate should exhibit strong analytical and writing skills, a dedication to accuracy, the ability to work under pressure and with deadlines and an appropriate sense of intellectual curiosity and creativity. Given that we are global investors (i.e. across global time zones) it is also important that this individual be flexible in terms of their schedule availability.
We consciously foster a collegial atmosphere and a results-oriented culture. We are long-term investors dedicated to creating value for our clients.
All candidates must submit a resume and a cover letter to be considered for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Act as a liaison to the business development team to ensure the timely and accurate production of marketing and business development materials
- Act as a liaison to the operations team to monitor and evaluate cash, trade settlements, maturities, corporate actions and other functions as needed
- Review and monitor portfolio reporting and analytics
- Contribute to and maintain a repository of macro-economic data
- Assist in ad-hoc research projects that may serve as potential inputs to the investment process
- Participate in the development and review of client deliverables
- Assist in the refinement and maintenance of investment models
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. All majors will be considered, but an academic background in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, or other quantitative field is preferred
- Strong analytical skills and writing skills in US English
- Strong communicator, both in terms of asking appropriate questions and anticipating/communicating potential challenges
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and willingness to follow direction in a team setting
- Ability to review and understand data quickly and accurately
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) is required
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python/R/VBA) and statistical software (EViews, STATA) is preferred, but not required
- Position will be based in our mid-town New York City office
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Analyst”.
Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for a job