Reports to: Director
Wafra Inc. is a U.S. registered global investment firm in New York, NY, specializing in the management of liquid market investments, alternative investments, private equity, institutional real estate, and structured products. The firm is beneficially owned by the Public Institution for Social Security of Kuwait. Wafra manages approximately $26.0 billion and has more than 150 employees.
Wafra is seeking an entry-level Analyst to work with the Global Equity and Global Fixed Income teams. Responsibilities will be broad and will entail exposure to a variety of aspects of global financial markets. It is anticipated that the analyst will contribute to the teams on a variety of levels including reviewing global macro-economic, financial and investment data and writing related reports, updating marketing materials, and acting as a liaison with and contributing to marketing and business development as well as the compliance and operations departments. Over time it is anticipated that the successful analyst will also participate in the investment process with a focus on global macro-economic research.
This role will entail support for the public securities team in liquid markets and will include a variety of tasks and asset classes and requires an energetic and motivated individual who is passionate about investment management. Strong analytical and writing skills, a dedication to accuracy and timeliness, the ability to work under pressure and with deadlines, as well as an appropriate sense of intellectual curiosity and creativity are all important qualities in this role. Given that we are global investors (i.e. across global time zones) it is also important that this individual be flexible in terms of their schedule availability.
We consciously foster a collegial atmosphere and a results-oriented culture. We are long-term investors dedicated to creating value for our clients.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Attributes (including but not limited to):
- Strong writing skills in US English
- Ability to review and understand financial data quickly and accurately
- An academic background in global macro-economics would be helpful
- Support in the presentation of research and portfolios both internally and externally
- Contribute to and maintain a data repository of macro-economic data
- Monitor, report, and adjust portfolio liquidity needs and currency hedges
- Act as a liaison to the operations team to monitor and evaluate cash, trade settlements, maturities, corporate actions, and other functions as needed
- Act as a liaison with the business development team to ensure the timely and accurate production of marketing and business development materials
- Enthusiastically embrace a wide variety of special projects that may be assigned on an ad-hoc basis
- Strong communicator, both in terms of asking appropriate questions and anticipating/communicating business challenges
- Should be an avid reader
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and up to 2 years of relevant work experience. Candidates with a degree in macro-economics are encouraged to apply.
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and willingness to follow direction in a team setting
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency in coding (Python/R/VBA), MS Office Suite (Excel/PowerPoint), or statistical software is required
- Upon a return to our offices post-pandemic, position will be based in our mid-town New York City office. No geographic flexibility.
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Analyst/Securities”.
Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job