Reports to: Senior Managing Director – Alternative Investments Division
Wafra, a New York City based leading global investment firm with approximately $24 billion in assets under management, is seeking an Analyst / Associate in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire.
AID manages approximately $11 billion and invests across the capital structure in four core business lines:
- Principal investing in financial services firms
- Global opportunistic and distressed investments
- Alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing
- Liquid alternatives investing
The Associate will focus primarily on AID’s alternative real estate strategy. The alternative real estate strategy targets equity and debt investments in niche, non-traditional real estate assets throughout North America. Target asset types include data centers, senior living, marinas, car washes, industrial logistics, student housing, life sciences/R&D, etc. The Associate will work directly with senior members of the team. This is a career-track opportunity with no MBA required for advancement and strong career trajectory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of deal team analyzing investment opportunities in real estate, including direct equity investments across asset classes, structured credit, high yield debt and special situations.
- Efficient quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investments.
- Assist in direct investments, platform investments, and joint ventures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance
- 2 – 4 years of relevant work experience, preferably 1 – 2 years at a top-tier investment bank and/or 1 – 2 years at either a real estate private equity firm, real estate developer or advisory firm
- Excellent quantitative skills with experience building real estate valuation models and distribution waterfalls
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Experience using Argus Enterprise
- Excellent knowledge of multiple real estate asset classes
- Familiarity with transaction processes, including joint venture structuring
- Experience in fundamental research and analysis
- Passion for real estate, insight into investment opportunities and keen market intelligence
To apply, please send your resume to AIDRecruting@wafra.com with the subject “Associate, REALTI”Apply for a job