Position: AID Associate
Wafra Inc., a New York City based leading global investment firm with over $27 billion in assets under management, is seeking an Associate in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire.
AID manages approximately $16 billion and invests across the capital structure in four core business lines: (i) Principal investing in financial services firms (ii) Global opportunistic and
distressed investments (iii) Alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing and (iv) Liquid alternatives investing.
The Associate will be a generalist and will play a significant role in underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring and exiting investments that span multiple asset classes, geographies, and industries. The Associate will work directly with senior members of the team. This is a career-track opportunity with no MBA required for advancement and strong career trajectory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the merits and risks of investment opportunities
- Perform market, industry and opportunity-specific underwriting
- Prepare detailed financial models and analysis to support investment structuring and decision making
- Author investment memoranda and present opportunities to the investment committee
- Conduct proactive industry research
- 2-4 years of work experience at top-tier private equity, venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting firms
- Superior academic achievement at a top-tier undergraduate university
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to gain exposure across multiple asset classes and industries within alternative asset management
Please send your resume to AIDRecruiting@wafra.com with the subject line “Associate”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job