Position: AID Associate
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra” or the “Firm”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
AID manages approximately $17 billion and invests across the capital structure in four core business lines: (i) Principal investing in financial services firms (ii) Global opportunistic and distressed investments (iii) Alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing and (iv) Liquid alternatives investing.
The Associate will be a generalist and will play a significant role in underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring and exiting investments that span multiple asset classes, geographies, and industries. The Associate will work directly with senior members of the team. This is a career-track opportunity with no MBA required for advancement and strong career trajectory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the merits and risks of investment opportunities
- Perform market, industry and opportunity-specific underwriting
- Prepare detailed financial models and analysis to support investment structuring and decision making
- Author investment memoranda and present opportunities to the investment committee
- Conduct proactive industry research
- 2-4 years of work experience at top-tier private equity, venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting firms
- Superior academic achievement at a top-tier undergraduate university
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Desire to gain exposure across multiple asset classes and industries within alternative asset management
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “AID Associate”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.Apply for a job