Reports to: Senior Managing Director, Executive Advisory & Research Division
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
The Executive Advisory & Research (“EAR”) team is seeking an Associate for immediate hire. The Associate will be responsible for working alongside more senior members of the EAR team on project-specific engagements and recurring business activities. The EAR team has two core mandates within the firm: Business Strategy and Consulting Services.
We play a critical role in helping Wafra’s senior leadership define and drive strategic, operational and organizational improvements across Wafra. We operate like an internal consulting group working on a range of critical projects and issues. We support firm strategy and development, conduct market research and surface market insights to promote Wafra’s long-term growth and to achieve sustainable competitive advantage. In collaboration with our partners across the firm, we develop capabilities that strategically differentiate Wafra and deliver outsized results for the firm’s clients. We are at the forefront of Wafra’s fast-moving strategic priorities, addressing operational challenges and enabling innovation.
We think and act like asset owners to develop bold, actionable insights. We partner with sovereign and pension funds, including our parent institution, to address the unique needs of large institutional investors. Together, we craft solutions that optimize investment programs and support everything from program design to capabilities building. Acting first and foremost as thought partners to our clients, we create value by applying practitioner insight and analytical rigor to formulate and deliver solutions that have tangible impact on our clients’ portfolios. Using core capabilities ― strategy, analytics and communication ― we empower our clients to succeed in the present and build for the future.
The candidate will be expected to work collaboratively on short-term “quick response” projects as well as long-term strategic projects. As a valued member of the team, the Associate will own individual workstreams on multi-functional projects. The team operates in an entrepreneurial environment and is continuously seeking new ways to expand our compelling service offering to create value for our clients. The ideal candidate will have a background in pension consulting, strategy consulting, management consulting, FIG investment banking or investment company management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide recommendations to Wafra’s senior management on a range of strategic and operational topics
- Prepare market and industry research reports covering multiple asset classes to support strategic decision-making that improves fund and firm performance
- Support client investment programs across asset classes and mandates, including residual funds, outsources CIO services and portfolio completion
- Support client investment and operational initiatives across a range of alternative and traditional asset classes
- Support the design and management of bespoke investment products tailored to the needs and objectives of client portfolios
- Help clients improve operational management of their investment portfolios by developing tools, designing processes and communicating industry best practices
- Author white papers on current topics suitable for sovereign and pension CIOs that support our ongoing business development activity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of experience with a pension, strategy or management consultant, asset manager or investment bank
- Knowledgeable of aspects of alternatives investing strategies
- Knowledgeable with financial statement analysis and modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required; programming proficiency in Python or Visual Basic within a finance or investing context is highly desired
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Strong problem assessment and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Please send your resume with the subject line “(Last Name)-Associate” to [email protected].
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.Apply for a job