Position: Associate / Senior Associate
Reports to: Managing Director – Absolute Return Strategies
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking an Associate for immediate hire. The Associate will primarily focus on Wafra’s Absolute Return Strategies mandate with a particular concentration on hedge fund investing, separately managed accounts and accompanying risk systems.
A key function of the role will be working on the Absolute Return Strategies’ Asia Opportunity mandate; a vehicle tasked with building a multi-manager separate account platform. The Associate would be tasked with identifying and performing due diligence on next generation hedge fund managers in Asia that will invest within risk parameters set by Wafra on a Wafra controlled platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of deal team analyzing investment opportunities and performing quantitative and qualitative due diligence
- Ability to lead and manage all aspects of transaction execution: due diligence, Investment Management Agreement / deal documentation, transaction structuring, and coordination with 3rd party diligence providers
- Networking and sourcing prowess
- Clear and concise communication of investments to investment committees and strategy working groups
- Engaging in portfolio asset management and monitoring
- Career track position with the ability to source investments and drive portfolio strategy
- Degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance (MBA not required)
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in an LP investment environment focused on public markets (e.g., endowment, foundation, fund of hedge fund, investment consultant)
- Excellent quantitative skills with proficiency in Excel and other MS office applications
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to: [email protected] with the subject: “Associate, Absolute Return Strategies”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job