Position: Associate/Senior Associate, GP Fund Accounting
Reports to: Director
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of CPAs, CFAs and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for daily general partner (“GP”) entity operations and overseeing the accounting and investor reporting prepared by external fund administrators. This role will also be responsible for analyzing financial data, performing various reconciliations, and preparing support for the fund’s business activities. Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting oversight of third-party administrators on the management company/general partner entity books & records, including capital account statements and all related supporting schedules
- Manage daily operations of GP entities, including distribution, capital call, cash management, etc.
- Perform carried interest allocation, analytics on carried interest movement, understand carried interest terms such as distribution waterfall and GP clawback
- Oversee the coordination and administration of the firm’s carried interest programs from inception to distribution
- Support ongoing technology implementation, automation projects, process improvement effort
- Collaborate with various teams on corporate budget and planning process, tax filing process, the regulatory filing process
- Assist with any ad hoc deliverables or initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3-5 years of experience in fund accounting or public accounting
- Detail-oriented, strong organization and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work with colleagues at different levels
- Solutions based mentality and approach to problem solving
- Excellent leadership and ownership abilities—can drive items to completion without need for supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge of private equity/hedge fund industry required
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- CPA or prior public accounting experience in Big 4 is a plus
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $100,000-$130,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “(Last Name)- GP Fund Accounting”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job