Position: Investment Reporting and Valuation, Associate or Senior Associate
Reports to: Director of Valuations
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra” or the “Firm”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) and Valuations Team is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of approximately forty CPAs, CFAs, and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams, including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation.
We are currently seeking a motivated Associate or Senior Associate to join the existing team and to take ownership of investment reporting for Wafra products and manage a subset of the quarterly investment valuations. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated background in writing, presentation, communication, and working cross-functionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and enhance quarterly reports for Wafra products
- Collaborate with Operations and Investment teams to understand events impacting investment performance and key indicators
- Organize key qualitative commentary and metrics from investment contacts (CFOs, COOs) over time and understand status of operating initiatives
- Own and update valuation models for select investments
- Solution recurring fund client inquiries by working with Investor Services and Investor Relations
- Implement processes and controls to improve reporting standards
- 2-4 years of work experience in reporting, investor relations, or related field. Some valuation experience a plus
- Understanding of private equity business model
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong communication skills and team-oriented approach to work
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $90,000-$130,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Investment Reporting & Valuation”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job