Position: Director, Corporate Services (Bermuda)
Wafra Financial & Management Services Ltd. (“Wafra Bermuda”) provides a wide range of services to its clients and affiliated group of entities, including accounting for a corporate holding company and non-US subsidiaries, corporate services, risk management and other administrative services. Wafra Bermuda is licensed to conduct Corporate Service Provider Business by the Bermuda Monetary Authority and is an affiliate of Wafra Inc., a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments.
Wafra Bermuda is currently seeking a Corporate Secretary to fulfill the position of Director, Corporate Services. The position will provide leadership and support to a growing corporate secretarial team in addition to performing the duties as corporate secretary for Bermuda and Cayman corporate entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all functions performed by the Corporate Services team to ensure duties are carried out in a timely manner and deadlines met;
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information to senior management;
- Train and assist other members of the Corporate Services and Governance team to become knowledgeable in Blueprint and other relevant computerized systems in use by the group;
- Lead and supervise staff in accordance with company policies and procedures, instilling a pro-active approach and “can do” attitude;
- Review and maintain appropriate policies and procedures and ensure adherence by the Corporate Services and Governance team
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure that all Corporate Services and Governance team members are aligned to the goals and culture of the team and our clients, and act as a role model in terms of both delivery and behaviour, demonstrating a total commitment to the personal and professional development of all members of the group;
- Ad-hoc projects and duties as assigned.
It is essential for the Director, Corporate Services to:
- Be a collaborative, team player who will take hands-on responsibility and work closely with the head of governance, as well as with senior members of Wafra’s Legal, Operations, Administrative, and Compliance teams.
- Exercise impeccable professional decorum with clients and co-workers either in person, email or telephone.
- University degree with a business-related major and/or governance qualification such as ACIS/ACG, FCIS/FCG;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with hedge funds, private equity funds and the offshore markets, including at least 15 years in a supervisory role;
- Solid understanding of applicable Bermuda and Cayman legislation and statutory regulations relating to the administration of companies in the relevant jurisdictions, particularly as they relate to investment funds;
- Willingness to collaborate on ideas and provide assistance to other members of the management team in an evolving team structure;
- Must be highly organized, efficient, able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines, and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
- Blueprint and Board Intelligence experience would be an asset.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
How to Apply
All inquiries will be dealt with in strict confidence. Interested candidates please submit resumes to [email protected] Job Seekers Ref: DRCS110422.
Wafra is licensed to conduct Corporate Service Provider Business by the Bermuda Monetary Authority.Apply for a job