Position: Human Resources Director
Reports to: Human Resources Managing Director
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Human Resources Department (“Human Resources”) is no exception. Human capital is our most important asset at Wafra, and the Human Resources Department plays a key role to ensure that we have the right mix of talent to reach our ambitious goals and that our people are empowered to achieve their fullest potential. As a key member of the HR team, you will be partnering with professionals with significant experience in Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Benefits, Employee Engagement and Wellness, Performance Management, and other HR related processes. The ideal candidate will have a combination of business acumen, project management and consulting skills. In this position you will play a significant role in implementing and managing human resources and Wafra’s policies and programs. In addition, you will help manage the other members of the team and be hands on in the execution of their responsibilities. You will work as a hands-on generalist, strategic partner, and a trusted advisor to business constituents at all levels. Our ideal candidate will have a high level of empathy and effective, inclusive communication skills, and have the ability to provide a seamless and remarkable experience in serving the needs of the business and its leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect with and provide direct support to Managing Director
- Ensures consistent compliance with Wafra’s policies and Federal, State, and local employment laws
- Oversees Human Resources communications
- Monitor processes and ensure accurate maintenance of employee files and HRIS database
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of and experience with administering employee benefit programs, and act as Administrator of employee health and welfare and retirement benefit plans, including overseeing annual enrollment
- Manage annual performance management process in partnership with HR and the business units
- Participate in employee investigations and oversee all escalated employee issues
- Collaborate and act as partner to internal Legal team on various Human Resources related matters
- Manage the maintenance of personnel files and records; ensure timely filing of documents and transition between active/terminated files, perform necessary audits, and follows appropriate process and guidelines for record retention and elimination
- Review and manage unemployment and workers compensation claims
- Continually seek to improve and reimagine how HR executes its critical mission
- Calculate and monitor key HR metrics and create detailed analytical reports
- Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Business/HR Management a plus)
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred
- 10-15 years of progressive HR experience with experience in the private equity space preferred
- Exhibit a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through on assignments
- Highly organized, efficient, able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with HRIS Systems specifically UltiPro/UKG highly desirable
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability occasionally deliver difficult and/or unpopular firm decisions
- High level of professionalism and ability to collaborate with all levels within the HR team and the organization
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, and able to take initiative
- Must be a team player and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment!
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $180,000-$250,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Human Resources Director”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply for a job