Position: FIG Senior Associate
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) is no exception. AID manages approximately $16 billion and invests across the capital structure in three core business lines: (i) principal investing in financial services firms, (ii) alternative real estate, infrastructure, and other real asset private equity and financing, and (iii) global opportunistic and special situation investments. The Senior Associate will focus primarily on financial services-focused private equity, targeting investments in alternative asset managers and related businesses. Wafra and its affiliates currently manage more than $7 billion in this strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategically evaluate the merits and risks of investment opportunities
• Perform market, industry, and opportunity-specific underwriting
• Prepare detailed financial models and analyses to support investment structuring and decision making
• Create investment memoranda and effectively present opportunities to the investment committee with an ability to engage in constructive dialogue
• Proactively conduct industry research with a keen eye on financial services and the broader alternative management space
• Implement value creating asset management in existing portfolio
• Bachelor’s degree with outstanding academic achievement
• 4-6 years’ tangible work experience at top-tier private equity, investment banking and/or management consulting firm with a focus on financial services preferred
• Excellent quantitative skills with experience building financial models
• Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team environment
• Analytical thinker and solutions-based problem solver
• Intellectual curiosity
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “FIG Senior Associate”Apply for a job