Position: Human Resources Director
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Date created: May 2023
Wafra is a global alternative investment manager with over $30 billion of assets under management across a range of alternative assets, including alternative and traditional real estate, strategic partnerships, and real assets. Behind these strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. At Wafra, we look at the long-term, with our clients, our partners, and our employees.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Human Resources Department (“Human Resources”) is no exception. Human capital is our most important asset at Wafra, and the Human Resources Department plays a key role to ensure that we have the right mix of talent to reach our ambitious goals and that our people are empowered to achieve their fullest potential. As a key member of the HR team, you will be partnering with professionals with significant experience in Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Benefits, Employee Engagement and Wellness, Performance Management, and other HR related processes. The ideal candidate will have a combination of day-today HR operations, business acumen, project management and consulting skills. In this position you will play a significant role in implementing and managing human resources and Wafra’s policies and programs. In addition, you will help manage the other members of the team and be hands on in the execution of their responsibilities. You will work as a hands-on generalist, strategic partner, and a trusted advisor to business constituents at all levels. Our ideal candidate will have a high level of empathy and effective, inclusive communication skills, and have the ability to provide a seamless and remarkable experience in serving the needs of the business and its leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect with and provide direct support to the Head of Human Resources
- Ensures consistent compliance with Wafra’s policies and Federal, State, and local employment laws
- Oversees Human Resources communications
- Lead Human Capital analytics and reporting
- Monitor processes and ensure accurate maintenance of employee files and HRIS database
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of and experience with administering employee benefit programs, and act as Administrator of employee health and welfare and retirement benefit plans, including overseeing annual enrollment
- Focus on continuous improvement and make recommendations to enhance wellness programs and other opportunities to evolve the employee and manager experience
- Develop, manage, and update all company handbooks and policies, ensuring compliance and promoting employee welfare and wellness
- Participate in employee investigations and oversee all escalated employee issues
- Collaborate and act as partner to internal Legal team on various Human Resources related matters
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel files and records; ensure timely filing of documents and transition between active/terminated files, perform necessary audits, and follows appropriate process and guidelines for record retention and elimination
- Review and manage unemployment and workers compensation claims
- Continually seek to improve and reimagine how HR executes its critical mission
- Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (in Business/HR Management a plus)
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP preferred
- Minimum 12 years of progressive HR experience with experience in the private equity space required
- Exhibit a high level of discretion and confidentiality
- Knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Proven track record of excellent follow-through on assignments
- Highly organized, efficient, able to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Experience with HRIS Systems specifically UltiPro/UKG highly desirable
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability occasionally deliver firm decisions
- High level of professionalism and ability to collaborate with all levels within the HR team and the organization
- Highly proactive, self-motivated, and able to take initiative
- Must be a team player and able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment!
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $180,000-$250,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Human Resources Director”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job