Position: Investment Risk Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President
Reports to: Director of Risk
The Investment Risk Manager will be responsible for providing independent risk oversight of the firm’s Private Equity investments. Imperative to this role is the ability to work in a highly collaborative and consultative team environment with consistent communication on risk-related topics to senior management. The role provides the successful candidate with great opportunities to contribute to the development of robust and independent investment risk management frameworks. We are looking for a self-motivated, naturally curious individual who will seek out opportunities and display an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Investment Risk Manager will be a member of the Risk Office, responsible for facilitating Wafra’s Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”) Program. Wafra’s ERM Program consists of managing Investment Risk, Operational Risk, Third-Party Risk, and Internal Audit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the risks that the Private Equity investments are exposed to and assess their significance
- Participate in developing tools to monitor and manage Private Equity related risks, such as funding, financing, concentration, valuation, key person, and governance
- Approximate a risk profile of private equity funds
- Conduct qualitative monitoring and assessment of Private Equity investment risks by maintaining an ongoing communication with Wafra’s investment teams
- Possess the ability to perform financial analysis and read financial statements daily
- Develop new and enhance existing risk reports for senior management to understand the current risk profile of our Private Equity funds. Key metrics may include: valuation risk, compliance with internal and external risk limits, and results of ad-hoc stress tests
- Minimum of five years of work experience in Investment Banking or Private Equity
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience using risk rating tools and models and work experience at a rating agency are a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team player
- Highly organized with good judgment and a strong work ethic
- Critical thinking, active listening and strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Well organized, detail oriented, and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Proactively manage excellent internal and external stakeholder relationships
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Investment Risk Manager”.
Wafra Inc. is an equal equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job