Position: Private Funds Lawyer
Reports to: Senior Managing Director
The ideal candidate will have very strong fund formation experience as well as strong commercial, transactional and general corporate law experience. Familiarity with basic tax concepts as they relate to alternative investments preferred. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Draft fund organizational documents, including private placement memoranda, investment advisory agreements, management agreements, limited partnership agreements, employee investment vehicles and organizational bye laws for private investment funds.
• Negotiate investment documentation, including investor rights agreements, joint venture agreements, side letters, purchase and sale agreements and related documentation.
• Advise on investment structures from a legal and tax perspective.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• J.D. and NY Bar membership are required
• 8-12 years’ of top law firm experience (or a similar private equity or other alternative asset manager) with a focus on fund formation, corporate and transactional law
• In-depth knowledge of the Advisors Act, 40 Act, 33 Act, 34 Act and Dodd-Frank
• Experience with general corporate governance matters and commercial contracts (e.g. NDAs, consulting agreements, vendor agreements, employment agreements)
• Independent, self-starter, with ability to prioritize work and projects as well as being able to work well with the corporate team and other business units
• Experience with offshore jurisdictions preferred
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
To apply, please send your resume to LegalRecruiting@wafra.com with the subject “Private Funds Lawyer”Apply for a job