Position: Senior Associate, Alternative Investment Operations
Reports to: Vice President/Director
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of thirty-six seasoned CPAs, CFAs and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for daily fund operations and overseeing the accounting and financial reporting prepared by external fund administrators for a group of alternative investment. This role will also be responsible for analyzing financial data, performing various reconciliations, and preparing support for the fund’s business activities. Successful candidates will possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accounting oversight of third-partyadministrators throughout the NAV and financial reporting process (Primarily s GAAP), including capital account statements and all related supporting schedules for a selection of accounts including all investment types, consolidations, and complex structures
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscriptiondocuments, side letters and investment management agreements to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Assist with review and validation of management fees and waterfall calculations to ensure their accuracy and compliance with fund governing documents
- Manage fund cash and work with treasury group and portfolio management group as well as manage any fund credit facilities
- Monitoring of investment transactions, preparation of portfolio track record and analysis
- Liaise with auditors during annual audit Perform review of financial statements and footnotes, ensuring consistency with relevant reporting framework
- Prepare materials to report financials to key stakeholders of each fund and the parent company
- Ad-hoc reporting and deliverables
- 4-7 years of experience (Senior Associate)/7-10 years of experience (Vice President) in fund accounting, audit experience in private equity industry
- Detail-oriented, strong organization and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work with colleagues at different levels
- Solutions based mentality and approach to problem solving
- Excellent leadership and ownership abilities-can drive items to completion without need for supervision
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Knowledge of private equity/hedge fund industry required
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- CPA or prior public accounting experience in Big 4 is a plus
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $120,000-$145,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “(Last Name)-Fund Accounting”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job