Position: Senior Associate/Associate, Private Equity GP Stakes
Wafra is a global alternative investment manager with over $30 billion of assets under management across a range of alternative assets, including strategic partnerships, alternative and traditional real estate, and real assets. With more than $10 billion of assets under management, Wafra’s GP Stakes strategy focuses on acquiring minority ownership positions in leading alternative asset managers. Vehicles advised by Wafra have formed 27 strategic partnerships with both growth-stage and established alternative asset managers since 2011. By providing flexible and accretive capital solutions and focusing on the long term, Wafra aligns with and invests in high-quality investment management teams. Headquartered in New York, Wafra and its affiliates have additional offices in London, Kuwait, and Bermuda.
Career-track role focused on financial services, private equity, targeting investments in alternative asset managers, among other niche financial services industries. This position will play a significant role in underwriting, due diligence, negotiating, executing, monitoring, and exiting investments. This is an opportunity with no MBA required for advancement, and you will work directly with senior members of the investment team and the overall Wafra organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New investment, underwriting and execution
- Prepare detailed financial models and analyses to support investment structuring and decision making
- Create investment memoranda and present opportunities to the investment committee
- Value creation initiatives within the existing portfolio, which includes investments in 27 leading alternative asset managers across Private Equity, Credit, Infrastructure and Real Estate
- Conduct proactive industry research
- Strategy development at the product level, interfacing with key organizational stakeholders to help continue a track record of sustained enterprise value growth
- 3-5 years of work experience at top-tier private equity, venture capital, hedge fund, investment banking and/or management consulting firms
- Prior experience covering financial services is preferred
- Superior academic achievement, bringing to bear a best-in-class undergraduate education
- Excellent quantitative skills with experience building detailed financial models
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Self‐motivated with a strong work ethic and ability to work in a fluid and intellectually mobile environment
- Wide-ranging intellectual curiosity and creativity
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $130,000-$165,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Associate/Associate, GP Stakes”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job