Position: Senior Associate
Reports to: Vice President
Wafra is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, senior associate to join its Sustainable Investing Group. This team is responsible for integrating ESG across Wafra’s diverse asset classes which focus heavily on private equity, real estate and other alternative investment strategies. We actively seek solutions and work closely with deal teams to develop a strategic plan to deliver both tangible and intangible results in a cost-effective way.
The Sustainable Investment Senior Associate will aid in the administration of the organization’s sustainability strategy, policy and management system consistent with Wafra culture and principles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in the deployment of Wafra’s Sustainability policy across our extensive private equity portfolio companies and aid in the development of best-in-class ESG practices at Wafra and as well at such portfolio companies.
- Collaborate extensively with deal teams to provide ESG analysis and feedback regarding portfolio companies and advise on value creation projects.
- Assist the team in creating solutions for the portfolio company’s sustainability lead and C-suite leaders to communicate approaches to reduce ESG risk and optimize opportunities
- Help support leadership required to maintain a cohesive, adaptable program with Wafra’s participating portfolio companies.
- Communicate Wafra’s sustainability program to internal stake holders, portfolio companies and external stakeholders – educate and win support from these various constituencies.
- Develop data management capability/tools to ensure that performance improvement data is captured, collected, and analyzed to track progress, metrics and efficiencies and to drive the vision of the program.
- Develop and implement promotional and educational programs that ensure the portfolio companies quickly embrace program fundamentals.
- Ensure monitoring, analysis, and communication of developments in industry standards and in pertinent local, State, Federal, and global legislation’s and are fully compliant with regulations.
- Assist with publications and develop presentations for clients
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Environmental, Social and Governance research or product management role
- Previous experience working with alternative investments with a focus on ESG
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to independently execute projects
- Effective research and analysis skills
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at a time
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Results-oriented with a dedication to analyzing sustainability risks and innovating ways to create value
- MBA/CFA a plus
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (both required) to ESGrecruiting@wafra.com with the subject “Senior Associate-ESG”.
Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job