Position: Senior Associate, ESG
Reports to: Director
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra” or the “Firm”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Senior Associate to join its Sustainable Investment Group. This team is responsible for integrating environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) principals across Wafra’s diverse asset classes which focus heavily on private equity, real estate and other alternative investment strategies. We actively seek solutions and work closely with Wafra’s investment teams to conduct ESG diligence and implement value creation initiatives across a range of complex investment strategies in order to build long-term sustainable businesses.
The Sustainable Investment Senior Associate will play a lead role in ESG value creation initiatives while also aiding in research and diligence across Wafra’s diverse alternative investments. The candidate should have a background or formal education in finance with a deep understanding of private markets and alternative investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Devise and implement sustainability-focused solutions to help create value for Wafra’s existing portfolio companies across private equity, venture capital, real estate and infrastructure
- Create value creation plans for potential new portfolio companies on a range of topics including resource efficiency, best-in-class ESG practices and innovative business opportunities
- Research and collaborate extensively with investment teams to conduct ESG diligence on new investment opportunities and monitor the performance of existing portfolio companies
- Analyze and apply market research to aid in creating best-in-class ESG frameworks for Wafra and its portfolio companies
- Research and publish thought leadership and develop informed opinions on emerging global ESG-related regulation, sector-specific opportunities and risks as well as broader macroeconomic ESG trends
- Present to global asset owners on a range of ESG integration frameworks that are customized based on complex deal structures
- Develop data management capabilities/tools to ensure that performance improvement data is captured, collected and analyzed to track progress, metrics and efficiencies
- Support leadership required to maintain a cohesive, adaptable ESG strategy with Wafra’s portfolio companies
- Assist the team in creating customized solutions for sustainability and C-suite leaders of Wafra’s portfolio companies to reduce ESG risk and capture value creation opportunities
- Develop and deliver promotional and educational programs to ensure portfolio companies embrace ESG fundamentals
- Communicate Wafra’s sustainability program to internal teams, portfolio companies and external stakeholders to educate and win support from these various constituencies
- Support the Sustainable Investment Group in monitoring, analyzing and communicating developments in industry standards and ensure adherence to pertinent legislation
- Assist with publications and develop presentations for clients
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in a management or financial consulting role or, alternatively, in an investment banking, ESG research or product management role at an asset manager
- Entrepreneurial spirit and robust work ethic with the ability to independently devise and execute projects to completion
- Financial research experience with the ability to apply findings within ESG integration
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Results-oriented mindset with a dedication to analyzing sustainability factors and innovating ways to retain and create value
- Demonstrated experience working with alternative investments
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks at a time with strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with clients within the financial industry
- MBA/CFA/CAIA a plus
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject “Senior Associate, ESG”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.Apply for a job