Position: Senior Associate, Fund Accounting
Reports to: Vice President
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) and Fund Accounting Team is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of approximately forty CPAs, CFAs, and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams, including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation. The Fund Accounting Senior Associate will be responsible for daily fund operations and overseeing the accounting and financial reporting prepared by external fund administrators for a group of private equity funds, funds of hedge funds, or hybrid funds (“Private Funds”). This role will also be responsible for analyzing financial data, performing various reconciliations, and preparing support for the fund’s business activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reviews over NAVs prepared by external fund administrators and verify investment positions and accuracy of transactions for a portfolio of complex private equity funds Detailed review of expenses charged to funds, including overseeing Fund accounts payable and approving payments for processing
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Assist with review and validation of management fees and waterfall calculations to ensure their accuracy and compliance with fund governing documents
- Process transactions into shadow accounting system (eFront)
- Monitoring of investment transactions, preparation of portfolio track record and analysis
- Review ILPA compliant capital call and distribution notices, investor capital statements, and quarterly reports to investors
- Perform review of financial statements and footnotes, ensuring consistency with relevant reporting framework
- Ad-hoc reporting and deliverables
- 3-6 years of fund accounting experience/audit experience in Private Equity and Hedge firm
- BS/MS degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong technical and analytical skills and detailed oriented skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well in team environment
- Knowledge of private equity/hedge fund industry required
- CPA/CA preferred
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $120,000-$145,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Associate-Fund Accounting”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply for a job