Position: Senior Associate-Operations Data Analyst
Reports to: Vice President
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing more than $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of thirty-six seasoned CPAs, CFAs and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation. The Data Analyst will be responsible for conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities, and design. The ideal candidate will develop analysis, reporting capabilities, and participate in the governance of dataflow in and out of the data warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases and data warehouse
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Partner with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Identify and define new process improvement opportunities
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 3-5 years prior experience working with investment products such as custody fund of funds, equities, and fixed income
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office solutions (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, VBA)
- Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Team player who possesses the ability to work both independently and in partnership with others throughout the firm
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Analytical thinker and solutions-based problem solver
- Highly self- motivated with a positive demeanor
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Associate-Data Analyst”Apply for a job