Position: Senior Associate, Data Management & Operations
Reports To: Vice President
Wafra is a global alternative investment manager with over $30 billion of assets under management across a range of alternative assets, including alternative and traditional real estate, strategic partnerships, and real assets. Behind these strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. At Wafra, we look at the long-term, with our clients, our partners, and our employees.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) and Data Management Team is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of approximately forty CPAs, CFAs, and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams, including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Data Management, Project Management, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation. The Senior Associate is a key role within the Operations department and will be responsible for contributing to the support and implementation of the firm’s data warehouse. Senior Associate should have a strong technical background and a solid understanding of the alternative investments industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain data collection processes
- Participate in data-related process improvement & automation
- Perform ETL (extract, transform & load) mapping of source data
- Participate in the implementation and automation of data governance framework
- Analyze existing solutions and identify process improvement opportunities
- BA/BS degree required
- 3+ years of prior experience in Technical Data Analysis or related role
- Significant familiarity with private equity and other alternative assets
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (Data Factory), SQL, and Excel (complex functions)
- Knowledge of Python and/or other statistical programing language/tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Power Query and data visualization tools (PowerBI) is a strong plus
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $115k – $130k, with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Data Management & Operations”Apply for a job