Position: Senior Associate/Vice President, Investor Relations
Reports to: Director of Investor Relations (Business Development)
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing over $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; and the Business Development team is no exception. Business Development is charged with capital formation and ongoing relationship management and the Investor Relations (“IR”) function supports all aspects of the team’s fundraising activities, client service efforts and public relations strategy. The IR Senior Associate/Vice President will be tasked with communicating Wafra’s investment strategies to existing partners, prospective investors and the public. The ideal candidate will develop an understanding of Wafra’s products and over time, take ownership of all marketing collateral and investor deliverables for a particular strategy. Additionally, the IR Senior Associate/Vice President will work closely with Wafra’s public relations (“PR”) firm and develop a curated media strategy that best positions the brand for success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review marketing materials across a range of investment products
- Facilitate fund reporting deliverables and other investor touch points, including investor letters, quarterly newsletters, ad hoc investment updates and value creation initiatives
- Draft and project manage investor diligence requests, including DDQs (due diligence questionnaires), RFPs (request for proposals) and ad hoc questions, ensuring timely, accurate and appropriate responses
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the firm’s products with an ability to communicate complex investment updates in a clear and concise manner
- Liaise with the firm’s outside PR agency to execute Wafra’s media engagement and brand strategy, including the drafting and editing of press releases and social media content
- Coordinate annual investor events and participate in on-site and virtual investor meetings
- Develop strong working relationships across various Wafra teams and execute cross functional projects and ad hoc requests as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably with a private equity firm, hedge fund, investment bank or other asset manager
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and sense of accountability
- Highly organized, diligent and meticulously detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work both independently as well as collaboratively
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Associate/Senior Associate-Investor Relations”Apply for a job