Position: Vice President
Reports to: Managing Director – Absolute Return Strategies
Date Created: April 2022
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking a Vice President in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire. The Vice President will primarily focus on AID’s Absolute Return Strategies mandate with a focus on special situation transactions. The Vice President will also have the ability to work across AID’s other business lines, including infrastructure, alternative real estate, and financial services private equity.
The Absolute Return Strategies’ Special Situation mandate targets senior debt, mezzanine debt, preferred equity and structured equity solutions investments in niche, off-the-run opportunities which are largely uncorrelated with public market indices. The strategy is focused on private market transactions but has flexibility to opportunistically invest in public market dislocations. The strategy primarily targets opportunities within the Real Asset and Financial Services industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of deal team analyzing special situation investment opportunities, including direct investments and joint ventures across private and public markets
- Ability to lead and manage all aspects of transaction execution: negotiation of deal documentation, transaction structuring, coordination with 3rd parties, due diligence, on site diligence, and managing counsel
- Efficient quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investments
- Networking and sourcing prowess and development of market relationships
- Career track position with the ability to source deals and drive investment strategy
- Clear and concise communication of investments to investment committees
- Engaging in portfolio asset management and monitoring, helping drive successful investment exits
- Passion for investments in complex, off-the-run situations
- Degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance (MBA not required)
- 6 – 10 years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience at a top-tier private credit or special situation firm
- Ability to invest across the capital structure with a broad industry knowledge, including Real Assets and Financial Services
- Excellent quantitative skills with experience building bespoke financial models
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job