Position: General Accountant – (VP)
Reports to: Controller
Date Created: 9/24/2019
Position Summary: Responsible for and ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating and entering transactions as well as reviewing and/or prepares the financial statements for the Controller’s review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews assets, liabilities, revenues and expense entries
• Reviews subsidiary accounts by verifying allocations and reconciling transactions
• Investigates and resolves discrepancies found on the general ledger
• Ensures sufficient documentation is obtained from the Fund’s team and retained for compliance / audit purposes
• Reviews monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets including providing variance analysis and documenting any significant variances
• Reviews the preparation of single entity financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement, statement of cash flow and Statement of Changes in Shareholder Equity as well as preparation of footnotes
• Independently values investments based on interpreting fair market value data according to generally accepted accounting principles.
• Assists in the preparation of the consolidated financial statements
• Involved in preparation of monthly and quarterly dashboards as well as board meeting packages
• Displays strong understanding of Foreign Currency translation
• Assists with external audits by liaising with auditors and providing necessary documentation.
• Works with tax professionals in the preparation of tax return as well as the tax accruals and payments.
• Liaising with tax professional in the preparation of transfer pricing model
• Maintains and improves the Microsoft GP accounting system by discussing and exploring issues with the controller and outside consulting firm. Implements new accounting processes within Microsoft GP to ensure proper and efficient workflow.
• Assist the Controller in any aspect of accounting that is needed including performing audit and tax procedures as assigned.
• Serves as point person for any matters including distributions and capital calls relating to the divestiture of a former business line along with preparation of its financial statements
• Supervise and train Corporate Staff Accountants
• Given responsibilities of planning and leading various accounting projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5+ years’ experience in accounting and finance sector
• “Big Four” or national accounting firm audit experience
• Strong experience in public accounting sector
• Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Experience with Microsoft GP
• Experience with Jet Reports
• Solid understanding of fund accounting
• Displays high levels of attention to details
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to research and develop technical knowledge, identify issues, and analyze data.
• Willingness to communicate clearly and concisely while working in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Strong to Advance skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
• Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
Please send your resume to AccountingRecruiting@wafra.com with the subject line “Accounting Vice President”.Apply for a job