Position: Vice President, Alternative Investments Division-Transactions Counsel
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) is no exception. AID manages approximately $20 billion and invests across various mandates that span financial services private equity, alternative real estate, infrastructure, private credit, liquid alternatives, and other opportunistic investments related to financial services and real assets. We are seeking a Vice President – Transactions Counsel for immediate hire to join the Alternative Investments Division.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing, reviewing, and negotiating documentation relating to alternative investment activities, including term sheets, purchase agreements, letters of intent, shareholder and joint venture agreements, credit and other financing agreements and ancillary documents
- Advising other investment professionals on deal terms and structuring
- Clear and concise communication of complex ideas to non-legal colleagues and internal stakeholders
- Engaging in portfolio asset management and monitoring, including managing relationships with executive teams, assisting with growth initiatives, company financing, etc.
- Overseeing external and internal counsel
- Participating in investment committee discussions
- Assisting in all other aspects of the firm’s growth, including providing input on best practices, mentoring junior professionals, building culture, participating in fundraising activities, etc.
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week.
- Undergraduate and law degrees from top-tier institutions with strong academic performance
- 5-7 years of combined experience at a top law firm and/or in-house at a private equity/credit/infrastructure/asset management fund
- In-house transaction-counsel experience at an asset management institution a plus
- Excellent command of and ability to lead and manage all aspects of a transaction from a legal standpoint, including review and negotiation of deal documentation, structuring, coordination with subject matter experts, due diligence, and communication with external and internal counsel
- Commercial orientation and ability to counsel other investment professionals as thought partner, biased towards considered action, rather than the provision of legal advice alone
- Strong analytical, drafting, leadership and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple competing deadlines
- Ownership of projects as-a-whole (rather than mere completion of a series of tasks)
- Familiarity with common private fund structures
- Familiarity with basic tax and regulatory considerations
- Willingness and desire to develop knowledge of new areas of the law
- Admitted to practice in New York
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $170,000-$200,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to: [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President, Alternative Investments Division-Transaction Counsel”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job