Date Created: March 2022
Position: Vice President
Reports to: Managing Director – Alternative Real Estate
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking a Vice President in its Alternative Investments Division (“AID”) for immediate hire.
The Vice President will primarily focus on Alternative Real Estate, with the ability to work across AID’s other business lines, including infrastructure, private credit, and financial services private equity.
The Alternative Real Estate strategy targets equity and structured investments in niche, non-traditional real estate assets throughout North America. Target asset types include data centers, storage, single family rentals, marinas, car washes, industrial logistics, student housing, and life sciences/R&D. The Vice President will work directly with senior members of the team in making direct, controlling real estate investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform as part of deal team analyzing investment opportunities in alternative real estate, including direct investments, platform investments, joint ventures, and special situations
- Ability to lead and manage all aspects of transaction execution: negotiation of deal documentation, transaction structuring, coordination with 3rd parties, due diligence, site tours, and managing counsel
- Efficient quantitative and qualitative due diligence on prospective investments
- Networking and sourcing prowess and development of operating partner relationships
- Career track position with the ability to source deals and drive investment strategy
- Clear and concise communication of investments to investment committees
- Engaging in portfolio asset management and monitoring, including managing relationships with executive teams, assisting with growth initiatives, company financing, board representation
- Passion for real estate, insight into investment opportunities and keen market intelligence
- Degree from a top-tier university with strong academic performance (MBA not required)
- 6 – 8 years of relevant work experience, preferably at a top-tier real estate private equity firm
- Excellent knowledge of multiple asset classes, including alternative real estate asset classes
- Exceptional quantitative skills with experience building bespoke real estate valuation models
- Outstanding communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Position is based in New York and will be expected to be in-person 5 days a week
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Apply for a job