Position: Vice President/Director
Reports to: Managing Director
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $33 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Sustainable Investment Group is no exception. Wafra’s Sustainable Investment Group is responsible for integrating environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) across Wafra’s diverse asset classes which focus heavily on private equity, real estate, and other alternative investment strategies. We actively seek solutions and work closely with Wafra’s investment teams to conduct ESG diligence and implement value creation initiatives in order to build long- term sustainable businesses. The Sustainable Investment Vice President/Director plays a lead role in the management and implementation of ESG due diligence and value creation. An integral part of the position will be developing and enabling the Sustainable Investment Group’s research and innovation efforts across Wafra’s diverse alternative investments. The VP/Director should have a background or formal education in financial services with an understanding of private markets and alternative investments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and expand ESG initiatives firm-wide by conducting research on sector-specific, material ESG projects to drive value across Wafra’s investments.
- Develop bespoke value retention and creation strategies for Wafra’s portfolio companies on a range of topics including resource efficiency, best-in-class ESG practices and innovative business
- Collaborate extensively with Wafra’s investment teams to prioritize research and value creation initiatives, take a leadership role in implementing ESG engagements and track progress as well as outcomes over time.
- Conduct in-depth ESG diligence on new investment opportunities across private equity, venture capital, real estate, and infrastructure.
- Communicate findings from Wafra’s ESG diligence to the investment committee to ensure financially material ESG factors are taken into account in the investment decision-making
- Monitor the ESG performance of existing portfolio companies by conducting annual portfolio company reviews and creating best-in-class reporting to share findings with Wafra’s investors.
- Enhance Wafra’s data management capabilities and tools to collect and analyze ESG performance data to track progress, identify value creation opportunities and drive the vision of the program.
- Develop informed opinions and publish thought leadership on emerging global ESG-related regulations, sector-specific opportunities/risks as well as broader macroeconomic sustainability
- Represent Wafra externally and take a lead role in communicating with clients regarding both market trends and ESG facets of Wafra’s investments.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a product management, management consulting, legal or research role with a demonstrated focus on ESG
- Entrepreneurial spirit and robust work ethic with the ability to independently devise and execute projects to completion
- Financial research experience with the ability to apply findings within ESG integration
- Results-oriented, analytical mindset with a dedication to analyzing sustainability factors and innovating ways to retain and create value
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working with alternative investments preferred
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks at a time with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with clients within the financial industry
- MBA/JD/CFA/CAIA a plus
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary is: $175,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President/Director”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job