Position: Vice President/Director, Sustainable Investment Group
Reports to: Managing Director, Head of Sustainable Investment Group
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing over $30 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Sustainable Investment Group is no exception. SIG is responsible for integrating environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) across Wafra’s diverse asset classes which focus heavily on private equity, real estate, and other alternative investment strategies. The team actively seeks solutions and works closely with Wafra’s investment teams to conduct ESG diligence and implement value creation initiatives across a range of complex investment strategies in order to build long-term sustainable businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sustainable Investment VP/Director plays a lead role in ESG due diligence and research while also supporting the team’s value creation efforts across Wafra’s diverse alternative investments. The candidate should have a background or formal education in financial services with an understanding of private markets and alternative investments. Specifically, they will:
- Lead in-depth ESG and climate diligence on new investment opportunity across private equity, venture capital, real estate, and infrastructure
- Communicate findings from Wafra’s ESG diligence to the investment committee to ensure financially material ESG factors are taken into account in the investment decision-making process
- Monitor the ESG performance of existing portfolio companies by conducting annual portfolio company reviews and creating best-in-class reporting to share with Wafra’s investors
- Collaborate with Wafra’s investment teams to prioritize asset management initiatives, take a leadership role in implementing ESG engagements and track progress as well as outcomes over time
- Present to both existing and prospective investors on Wafra’s ESG initiatives
- Develop informed opinions and publish thought leadership on emerging global ESG-related regulations, sector-specific opportunities/risks as well as broader macroeconomic trends
- Enhance Wafra’s data management capabilities and tools to collect and analyze ESG performance data to track progress, identify value creation opportunities and drive the vision of the program
- Coordinate the development of Wafra’s Sustainable Investment Policy across the various asset classes in which the Firm invests
- Communicate Wafra’s sustainability program to internal teams, portfolio companies and external stakeholders to educate and win support from these various constituencies
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in a product management, management consulting, legal or research role with at least a part-time ESG focus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and robust work ethic with the ability to independently devise and execute projects to completion
- Financial research experience with the ability to apply findings within ESG integration
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills
- Results-oriented with a dedication to analyzing sustainability factors and innovating ways to retain and create value
- Demonstrated experience working with alternative investments
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks at a time with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with clients within the financial industry
- MBA/JD/CFA/CAIA a plus
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary is: $190,000-$220,00 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President, Sustainable Investing”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job