Position: Vice President, Fund Accounting
Reports to: Director
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing over $30 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) and Fund Accounting Team is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of approximately forty CPAs, CFAs, and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams, including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation. The Vice President is a key role within the Operations department and will be responsible for managing daily fund operations and overseeing the accounting and financial reporting of a portfolio of complex private equity funds within Wafra’s Alternative Investment Division. Vice Presidents should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and lead a team in monitoring client deliverables and meeting deadlines. Additionally, the Vice President is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform reviews over NAVs prepared by external fund administrators and verify investment positions and accuracy of transactions for a portfolio of complex private equity funds
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Perform reviews and validation of management fee and complex carried interest waterfall calculations to ensure accuracy and compliance with fund governing documents
- Provide guidance and direction to junior team members on all technical matters and other key deliverables
- Monitoring of investment transactions, preparation of portfolio track record and analysis
- Review ILPA compliant capital call and distribution notices, investor capital statements, and quarterly reports to investors
- Assist with management and coordination of the year-end audit process for 85+ funds in collaboration with the auditors and third-party fund administrators, perform review of financial statements and footnotes, ensuring consistency with relevant reporting framework
- Lead on-going projects and strategic initiatives within the Operations department to improved processes and drive efficiency
- Ad-hoc reporting and deliverables
- CPA/CA required
- 9+ years of fund accounting experience/audit experience in private equity
- BS/MS degree in accounting or finance
- Deep knowledge of private equity/hedge fund industry required
- Strong preference for candidate who has experience with GP stakes strategy
- Significant experience reading and interpreting investment closing documents and fund governing documents
- Advanced technical knowledge of US GAAP framework
- Proactive and willingness to take on additional responsibilities and improve/enhance existing processes
- Attention to detail and deadlines
A good faith estimate of the Base Salary Range is: $150,000-$190,000 with the possibility for a discretionary bonus.
All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President-Fund Accounting”
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.Apply for a job