Position: Vice President or Director, Alternative Real Estate Business Development
Reports to: Head of Business Development
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Under the direction of the Heads of Business Development and Real Assets, this individual will focus on sales, consultant relations and relationship management for the Alternative Real Estate strategy, which focuses on non-traditional real estate assets such as data centers, senior living facilities, marinas, car washes, etc.
The successful candidate will have established relationships with consultants and plan sponsors, as well as a track record of successfully closing on new business opportunities. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have prior experience in investing roles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent Wafra’s Alternative Real Estate strategy to current and prospective clients and support negotiations on the formation of capital for Wafra products
- Contribute to product development efforts through research and analysis, including evaluation of distribution opportunities through both institutional and banking channels, as well as peer comparison intelligence
- Acts as a point person for due diligence meetings, new business presentations and finals meetings, as well as internal sales and market training
- Encouraged to present new ideas and contribute beyond the required duties and responsibilities
- Potential role expansion to broader real assets, including infrastructure and traditional real estate
- Experience in real estate business development and/or investing with a focus on alternative real estate
- Verifiable track record of success in a business development role
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Proven ability to communicate product differentiation of real estate strategies, competitive positioning versus peers and market dynamics (macro and relative views)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment but also to operate independently and transparently once an assignment or high-level goal has been articulated by senior management
- Strong problem assessment, project management, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Must be flexible, adaptable and intellectually curious but also driven to achieve quantifiable results
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to interact as a trusted advisor to senior leadership at Wafra
- Ability to produce creative, compelling, detailed materials and information for existing and prospective investors; strong proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellence in client relationship management
- Track record of being a consultative partner to internal and external clients, ability to serve as a trusted adviser and innovator in a dynamic market
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Alternative Real Estate Business Development”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job