Position: Vice President – Project Management
Reports to: Managing Director – Head of Operations
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra” or the “Firm”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $27 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of thirty-six seasoned CPAs, CFAs and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, and Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation. The ideal candidate will possess significant prior project management experience working in the Alternative Investments industry, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to advance firm-wide initiatives in a timely and cost-effective manner. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist management in achieving Wafra’s vision by working with resources and stake holders to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
- Strategize with department heads and management on what the key initiatives and project priorities are for the firm
- Providing a layer of transparency in both directions to reinforce priority alignment
- Track key initiatives and maintain a pulse on status
- When key projects are off-track escalate to appropriate resources and work to resolve
- Provide thought partnership, training, and support
- Directly lead projects that are intradepartmental initiatives and complex or high priority/risk projects within a department and require a lead
- Use the project details obtained through ongoing tracking to produce transparency via reports for department heads and management
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7-10 years of financial services-related experience
- Significant prior PM (project management) experience
- Strong organization and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work with colleagues at different levels
- Solutions based mentality and approach to problem solving
- Excellent leadership and ownership abilities—can drive items to completion without need for supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President/Project Management”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.Apply for a job