Position: Vice President, Real Estate Operations
Reports to: Director, Operations
Wafra Inc. (“Wafra”) is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $28 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities; the Wafra Operations Department (“Operations”) is no exception. The Operations team is currently comprised of thirty-six seasoned CPAs, CFAs and Finance professionals with significant prior experience that includes leading financial institutions and Big Four accounting firms who collectively make up a diverse and dynamic team. The Operations team provides services to the firm’s investors and investment teams including Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting, Investment Valuation, Investor Services, Middle Office, Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation.
The ideal candidate will possess prior real estate fund accounting experience working with third-party administrators in the Asset Management Investment industry, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Total compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
Annual, Quarterly and Monthly Reporting Process:
- Provide accounting oversight of third-party administrators throughout the financial reporting process (Primarily U.S GAAP), including capital account statements and all related supporting schedules for a selection of accounts including all investment types, consolidations and complex structures
- Prepare select fund financial statements (Primarily U.S GAAP) and supporting schedules
- Ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness of financial reporting, including the review of property-level financial statements
- Ensure reporting is in complies with legal documents including Limited Partnership Agreements and side letters, including waterfall calculations, partner allocations and REIT compliance
- Liaise with auditors during annual audit and tax processes
- Assist various internal groups with the preparation and review of semi-annual and annual reports and marketing materials
- Prepare materials to report financials to key stakeholders of each fund and the parent company
- Support fund management and cash management working with treasury teams on capital calls and distributions
- Provide accurate, timely and professional service to internal and external clients (investors)
- Manage fund cash and work with treasury group and portfolio management group as well as manage any credit facilities at the fund level
- Seven to ten (7-10) years in financial accounting / administration oversight, audit or finance function for real estate companies
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
- CPA or prior public accounting experience in Big 4 is a plus
- Strong organization and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work with colleagues at different levels
- Solutions based mentality and approach to problem solving
- Excellent leadership and ownership abilities—can drive items to completion without need for supervision
- Proficient with Microsoft suite of applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience utilizing Yardi
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vice President – Real Estate Operations”.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Wafra Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.Apply for a job