Position: Global Sector Head of Health Care
Reports to: Senior Managing Director
Title: Director/Vice President
Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $32 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra pursues excellence in all areas of its operations and activities. The Global Sector Head for Healthcare position encompasses fundamental equity research for global markets. This is an outcomes-based position where success is ultimately measured by the relative performance of the overall portfolio and the relative performance of the Healthcare sector. The Global Sector Head for Healthcare role supports the Senior Managing Director, who has final decision-making authority for the strategy.
Our public equities investment philosophy focuses on uncovering multi-year changes in companies and industries within global value chains. We are long-term investors dedicated to creating value for our clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide fundamental equity research coverage for the Global Healthcare sector.
- Maintain familiarity and ensure compliance with client account guidelines
- Contribute constructively to conversations about the portfolio
- Marketing efforts across all equity products
- Inter-departmental collaboration
- Research and recommend stocks within the Global Healthcare Sector, including:
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Monitoring company news and events
- Strategic analysis
- Deep understanding of company financial statements
- Performing primary and secondary research, encompassing interviews with key stakeholders such as company management, sell-side analysts, industry consultants, government regulators, customers, and suppliers
- Communicate effectively with teammates, including consistent and effective preparation for the daily team meeting
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both domestically and internationally, including emerging and frontier markets
- Participation in Wafra training programs
- Enter approved trades and communicate effectively with the traders
- Perform any special projects as requested
- Prepare and periodically present pitches on investment ideas
- Be available during global trading hours as needed
- Wafra does offer significant personal time off and flexibility, however we are physically present 5 days per week in our Manhattan offices.
- Strong investment and intellectual acumen
- Post-MBA preferred
- CFA preferred
- Passion for Investing and understanding of a variety of investment business models
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well in a team setting
- Prior experience analyzing public companies either globally or for major developed markets is required
- We welcome applications from very experienced candidates, as well as those who have at least two years of post-MBA equity research investment experience
Wafra and its subsidiaries (the “Company”) require that new hires be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, except those individuals who qualify for a medical or a religious accommodation under applicable law. All duties and responsibilities of this role are expected to be conducted on-site at the Company offices.
Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line: “Global Sector Head of Health Care”Apply for a job